Sunday 13 May 2012

happy mother's day!

to my dear maamee,
    its been officially 17 years and a week since you became a mum, and i bet it was the best thing that happened to you right? ;) i know you'll never read this blog cos you're such a computer noob, but i would just like to say that i love you so so much! Thanks for always being there for me when i needed to cry on someone's shoulder (remember that time i got a blister on my hand from climbing across the monkey bars too much..and you warned me not to play too much or else my hands would blister..and i didnt listen? CAN'T BELIEVE YOU AND DAD TOOK A PHOTO OF ME CRYING DUE OF THE PAIN D:) thanks for all the wonderful dishes you magically cooked up for the fambam, i would be so happy if my future cooking is anywhere as good as yours! Some of my favourites include: 
  • the durian milkshakes and icecream
  • the cakes you've baked for us (pavlovas, cheesecakes, chocolate cakes, pandan etc)
  • salt-baked chicken, thai chicken, chicken kebabs, soya sauce chicken wings and many other chicken dishes
  • your seafood laksas
  • TOO MANY TO LIST THEM ALL OUT, BUT YOU GET THE PICTURE >:) this explains to everyone why im so fat heh
You have looked after me so much over the past years and i wouldnt even stop to think about looking after you when you're all frail and old hurhur <3
Love, your favourite daughter
 楚翹 

the mother's day card which me and hingis made was meant to be a secret..BUT some blabbermouth (HINGIS) who wasnt thinking right leaked it to mum right after i told her it was meant to be a surprise :@ i do hope mum likes the card..lost precious study time to make it! LOL jk, what study time? :L
mum and her two beautiful daughters back in 2000 :)
i made the cover, wooooOOoOooo
i would also like to dedicate a paragraph each to my beloved porpor (mum's mum) an maamaa (dad's mum) ok, the chances of my porpor and maamaa reading this is even lower than my mum's..cos neither of them can read english :( but anyhoo..

dear maamaa,
 i swear, you are THE healthiest 79-year-old i have ever met! Stop complaining about your memory and old age cos you are coping much better than other women your age! This year is a big year for you (turning 80) and i can't wait to spend endless days with you in Hong Kong after my HSC! you make me smile all the time even though our conversations may sometimes get all muddled up cos of my dodgy Cantonese :S i know where my dad's loudness came from..not from yeye but from YOU! HEHE you two always seem to have shouting competitions on the phone or something, i can hear you anywhere :') stay strong!
 Love, your third-youngest grandaughter
  楚翹 
<3
dear porpor,
 it's been nearly 2 years since i came to Hong Kong to come visit you in the elderly home which you're staying at..i'm so so sorry! Even though i know you don't remember me or have any memory of the times we had together because of the losing battle you're having with Alzheimer's but know that i remember every one of those moments where you cared for me. I have complete faith in you reaching 90 years old, please do..i want to see you again soon! mum misses you a lot, but dont worry, she's coming back in a couple of months time. i know deep down, behind all that memory loss, you still remember your youngest daughter and love her very much :( ok i'm starting to cry right now, so i'll stop here..
 Love, your second-youngest grandaughter
  楚翹
fun fact: my parents always got me to wear hats/hats with fake hair coming out of them cos i lacked hair as a kid and everyone thought i was a boy :S

No comments:

Post a Comment